A young boy has died after being electrocuted in a horrifying incident at a hotel in Blackpool.

The 10-year-old was found unresponsive at Tiffany’s Hotel on Sunday evening. Lancashire Police said their injuries were consistent with receiving a high voltage of electricity.

Following the incident, the boy was rushed to hospital in a critical condition but died on September 7 surrounded by his family.

The hotel said it had voluntarily closed its doors and said it is cooperating with police and the local council.

In a statement, Lancashire Police said: “A boy has sadly died following an incident at a Blackpool hotel.

“We were called to the Promenade, Blackpool, at 10.39pm on Sunday (September 3) to reports a 10-year-old boy had been found unresponsive inside a hotel.

“He was taken to hospital with injuries consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity and very sadly died in hospital yesterday (Thursday, September 7).

“His family were by his bedside and our thoughts are with them at this time.”

They added: “Following an initial police investigation this matter has now been passed to the local authority. A file will be prepared for HM Coroner.”

In a statement, a spokesperson for the hotel said: “We are deeply saddened by this recent incident involving a child who has received a shock on Sunday evening within our reception lounge area. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the child and their family during this distressing time.

“We want to reassure everybody that the health and safety of our guests and team remains our number one priority. We have taken the decision to voluntarily close temporarily whilst we undertake our own inspections.

“Our phone lines do remain open and we are working very closely with the Blackpool Council and the local enforcement to assist in their investigation.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *