The 17-year-old told how she was forced to arrange battles between rival mobs and was disciplined by stabbings and beatings with baseball bats, bottles and knuckle-dusters.

The A-level student also revealed that to escape the world of violence, she had to “pay” – and that involved being raped by the gang leaders.

Her harrowing account of organised youth crime emerged after the High Court ruled that she should live at an unregistered children’s home.

Judge Paul Bowen KC issued a deprivation of liberty order to take the girl away from her home and other haunts where her captors might find her. He said he was “satisfied” that the unnamed teenager was “currently at a real and immediate risk of death or life-threatening injury” if she stayed at home.

His judgment said the girl wants to become a police officer and originally lived with her father because her mother, who is blind and deaf, was unable to care for her.

Judge Bowen said: “In the absence of parental supervision, she has been drawn into the malign orbit of local criminal gangs who have groomed and exploited her to become involved in their criminal activities.”

The girl told police that she was drawn into the mob’s murky world after a friend was murdered and one of the members asked her if she needed “protection”.

She started staying out late at night, wearing a ski mask and gloves to hide her identity and carrying a gum shield to protect her teeth during her violent encounters.

Judge Bowen said: “She would not disclose to her parents who she was meeting and how she knew them. She had been involved in organised fights involving rival gang members. The other participants in the fights were all male.”

The judgment went on: “The first time she worked for the ‘gang’ (her words) she was blindfolded and taken to a nearby park. She would go to a location to collect a burner phone. She would then receive a text message with a location and a time frame to attend at a pre-arranged location for organised fights in which she would act as a lookout. She acted as a ‘watcher’ while the gang lured people to collect drugs and were then ‘jumped’ and beaten up.

“The first time she was beaten was because one of the other ‘watchers’ failed to turn up. She was randomly picked and hit with a knuckle duster and a baseball bat.

“Further serious assaults followed when she decided she did not want to continue. The girl began deliberately failing to do her job properly and became a ‘liability’ for the gang, but was told she had to ‘do one more job’ before she was freed.

“She attended the ‘meet’. It had been planned for her to leave the gang but she ‘had to pay’ by being raped and hit around the face with a glass bottle. She had now ‘paid the price’ to get out of the gang and now wants to be at home to rest and heal.”

Judge Bowen overruled the girls’ guardian – a social worker, who believed she could be kept safe without the deprivation of liberty order.

He said that without it, the teenager was in danger and would also struggle to pass her A-levels and fulfil her dream of excelling at football.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *