A frantic search has ended in tragic circumstances as police confirm the bodies of four missing boys have been found.

Jevon Hirst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Henderson and Hugo Morris were meant to arrive home on Monday morning (November 20) but never turned up – sparking a widespread search.

The friends from the Shrewsbury area and were in their late teens and had last been seen getting into a silver Ford Fiesta – with the number plate HY14 GVO – on Sunday morning.

North Wales Police has confirmed it had discovered the car earlier today, and this afternoon confirmed the news that all four youngsters had died.

Police said four bodies were recovered from a car which appears to have left the road on the A4085 at Garreg, near Tremadog.

Supt Owain Llewelyn, of North Wales Police, said: “At present, this appears to have been a tragic accident, and our thoughts are with the family and friends of the four young men at this very difficult time

“This has been an extensive search involving a number of different agencies and volunteers, and this is sadly not the outcome that any of us would have wanted.

“We would ask that the family be afforded the appropriate privacy and respect.”

Investigations are ongoing to establish the circumstances, police said.

Mountain rescue teams went out on Monday afternoon searching for the four friends. Chris Lloyd, chairman of the Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue Team, told the BBC they were called out by North Wales Police yesterday afternoon.

Officers and other emergency services remain at the scene.

North Wales Live reporter David Powell has said that police road blocks are in place near the village of Garreg, between Llanfrothen and Nantmor, a few miles north-east of Porthmadog.

Crystal Owen, the mother of Harvey, said she did not know they were going on a camping trip and thought they were going to stay at friend’s grandfather’s house.

Before the tragic news was confirmed, she said: “I am frantically worried, we haven’t slept a wink, we are desperate to chase any lead we can,” in an interview with the BBC.

“If I’d have known (where he was going) I wouldn’t have let him due to the winter weather conditions.

A mum of one of the missing teens’ girlfriend said that they should have returned home on Sunday morning.

Lisa Corfield, whose daughter Maddi is Wilf’s girlfriend, told the Shropshire Star: “They all went to north Wales camping on Saturday night and they were due home on Sunday morning but they never returned.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *